10.05.2005

Introduction

Ah, the first post. Let me introduce myself: I'm a long time veteran of Microsoft. I've been here more than 10 years, which, incidentally, are getting to be somewhat unusual, for reasons that you'll find out from this blog.

During this period, I've seen Microsoft transformed from a hungry and energetic environment that wanted to change the world, into an institution that often are content with "well, that's good enough".

It is my frustration with this undesirable direction change that led me to start this blog. I harbor no resentment against Microsoft; in fact, I'm grateful for what it has done for me and my family. But I also am increasingly unhappy about what the company has become, and for the first time in a decade, have started considering leaving the company.

The entries to follow on this blog is a story of my thoughts and reaction to this development, and my continual idealistic search for the good that I know still exists in small doses in the company.

It is my hope that through this blog that I can provide insights from the inside, reveal what may be broken, and contribute ideas on how to turn the downward trend around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home